Friday, February 19, 2010

White Cake with Chocolate Frosting

When I got up Sunday morning I decided to look for a white cake recipe and then add a Chocolate Frosting. I found a white cake recipe on allrecipes. It calls for milk, I used buttermilk instead. The chocolate Frosting follows the cake recipe. The cake is very nice, moist and light. Would definitely make this cake again. Due to adding the sour cream the cake should be kept in the frig. A round plate does not really fit the square cake, I will be looking for a square cake plate.
White Cake with Chocolate Frosting Ingredients: 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup butter 2 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla extract 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder 1/2 cup buttermilk Directions: Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Grease and flour 9x9" baking pan. In mixer bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Beat eggs in one at a time. Add vanilla. In small bowl whisk flour and baking powder. Add flour to creamed mixture until combined. Stir in milk until batter is smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Chocolate Frosting Ingredients: 1/2 cup butter 1 cup icing sugar 1/4 cup sour cream pinch of salt 1 tsp. vanilla extract or dark rum 4 tbsp. cocoa 1 tbsp. very strong coffee Directions: In your mixer combine butter, icing sugar and sour cream together until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla(rum) and beat again until combined. Then add cocoa slowly until this is combined. Add the coffee until the frosting is the desired consistency. When cake is cooled Ice and serve.

5 comments:

Dan said...

This cake was excellent. The recipe would be a good all purpose cake mix.

Katy ~ said...

Yummm...white (and yellow) cakes are among my FAVORITES! In the past I've found white cakes to be kind of leaden and dry so will have to try your recipe.

That chocolate frosting looks so yummy!! Definitely saving that too.

Grins on the square cake on a round plate. You delight me. I don't think I have a square cake plate now that I think of it. Ebay here I come!

Jannett said...

Dan....I am glad you enjoyed this cake... :)

Jannett said...

Katy...I still have not found a square cake plate... :)
Did you have any luck?

:)

Unknown said...

The cake looks delicious!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails