Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Cream of Celery and Cauliflower Soup


I have been using my treadmill again and have been looking through cookbooks while working out. The cookbook is called: A Taste of Appleby. It came in a box lot of cookbooks bought at an auction.
The soup was great. I will be making it again for sure.

Cream of Celery and Cauliflower Soup

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
2 cups cauliflower florets
1/3 cup unbleached flour
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup cream
salt and pepper
chopped scallion for garnish/or parsley

Directions:

In large pot, melt butter. Add onion, celery and cauliflower; when this is softened cover pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
Take the vegetables and put in blender or food processor and puree. ( I left it a bit chunky) Return to pot and stir in flour, mix thoroughly and cook until flour is cooked.
Slowly stir in chicken stock and bring to boil for 2 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in cream.
Soup can be heated but do not boil.
Season to taste and add garnish.
Serves 6

8 comments:

Rosemary said...

Looks very good, great at this time in the year to have warm soup.

Katy said...

I am having a very crabby workday, decided to check out some of my favorite blogs, and I see this delectable sounding soup. I need this soup!! Fabulous. Now there's a smile on my crabby old face!!

Dan said...

Excellent soup Mom, very tasty.

Jannett said...

Rosemary...I totally agree...I love soup... :)



Thanks for the comment

Jannett said...

Katy...I am so glad I could put a smile on your lovely face... :)

Thanks for the comment

Jannett said...

Dan....I am glad you enjoyed it.. :)

Kalena Michele said...

This looks so good and the bread looks crispy crunchy buttery. I want some now!!

Jannett said...

Kalena Michele...the toast is great you fry it in a pan.
Thanks for the comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails