Monday, May 18, 2009

Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes


We were watching Diner, Drive-ins and Dives and they made a Lemon-Ricotta pancake. It looked so good we searched and found this recipe which is very close to that recipe. It is the most tender and soft pancake we have ever had. It should be added to your collection of pancake recipes.

Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes

Ingredients:

3/4 cup unbleached flour
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 tbsp. white sugar
2 large eggs, separated
2/3 cup milk
Grated peel of one lemon
Juice of one lemon
Butter for griddle

Directions:

Separate eggs. Whip the egg whites until soft peaks.

In large bowl, combine all the ingredients and blend with whisk, do not over mix. Then fold in egg whites until just mixed.

Heat griddle. Lightly grease with butter. Pour batter onto griddle cook until batter bubbles or until pancake is golden brown.

Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.




19 comments:

Elyse said...

Hendria, these pancakes sound absolutely fabulous!! Great job. Don't you love when you see a recipe and are able to recreate it?! It's total instant gratification. Love it.

Rosemary said...

I'll be right there, keep the pancakes warm!

Abby said...

I've made these! Well, the ones from Serious Eats. I LOVE their texture. So unlike a heavy pancake - so much better!

And we watch DDD every week. We're thinking of scheduling some vacays around episodes! Ha.

Dan said...

These were really good and lemon-lishous

Unknown said...

Hi - I'm also a "BakeSpacer". Babs posted a link to your pancake recipe in facebook and they look and sound wonderful!

Just wanted to introduce myself :) Great blog!

Jannett said...

Elyse...I also made the Hazelnut banana french toast from Restaurant Makeover. Thanks for the comment

Jannett said...

Rosemary...I will have them waiting :)

Jannett said...

Abby. If I lived near any of the places he has stopped I would be going as well...some of the diners look amazing.

Jannett said...

Dan....I knew you would like them with the lemon in them.. :)

Jannett said...

ImStuffed...thank you for stopping by...and nice to meet you as well.
Thank you for the comment

Katy ~ said...

Hendria, sorry to be so late in commenting but I've had linking problems to your blog, dabnabit.

Anyway, these pancakes sounds wildly delicious. We eat pancakes a couple times a month, and these would be a great addition! I cannot wait to try these.

Jannett said...

Katy...I hope you will enjoy this recipe....they are so delicious... :)

Knatolee said...

These look delicious. My hubby likes to make pancakes so I am going to put this recipe under his nose.

Knatolee said...

Okay, my hubby made these yesterday and they were great! I think I would like to try blueberry sauce with them, since I am not a maple syrup fan myself. But they were just fine as they were. Definitely a keeper.

Jannett said...

Knatolee...I am so glad you enjoyed them as well. The blueberry sauce is a good idea. Here is one we liked.
http://canadianbakertoo.blogspot.com/2008/09/pancakes-with-bluberry-sauce.html

Thanks for the comment :)

the twins said...

thanks for the recipe! i've only had lemon ricotta pancakes once, at a restaurant earlier this year, but they are definitely one of my favorites.

Palidor said...

That's a very creative way to use ricotta. They look great!

Jannett said...

thetwins....thank you for your comment..I hope you enjoy the pancakes...they are the best... :)

Jannett said...

Palidor....Thanks for the comment...the pancakes are so good...I hope you give them a try.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails