Monday, August 13, 2007

Potato Chip Cookies Drizzled With Chocolate



I have not made these cookies for about 15 years. On the weekend I decided to make them this morning. They are crispy and soft, the texture is very pleasing. After they were baked I made a gnash and drizzled over the top. That took them to the next level.

Potato Chip Cookies with Drizzled Chocolate

1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp. vanilla, I used vanilla paste

1 3/4 cups flour

1 cup crushed potato chips


Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add 1 tsp. vanilla and flour gradually and beat until blended. Stir in potato chips. Drop by teaspoonful onto a un-greased cookie sheet. When cookies are cooled drizzled chocolate gnash over the tops of the cookies.
Bake 350 for 13 to 15 minutes.

Makes 3 Dozen cookies.




Panel from Work:

Dave: Very Good, never guess that there are potato chips in recipe

Rosemarie: Very tasty, tasted like shortbread, liked the chocolate on the top

Deb: Yummy!! Tastes good, like shortbread. Enjoyed V.M. Good perhaps at Xmas time with colored sprinkles on top instead of chocolate. Good at anytime of year!! :)


15 comments:

Patricia Scarpin said...

I'm intrigued by these cookies!

Jannett said...

Hi Patricia

When I first had these I had the same reaction. You will enjoy them.

Marye said...

WOW! I loved to dip potato chips in hot fudge when I was a (skinny) kid... these sound great

Jannett said...

Hi Marye
Hot fudge and potato chips...what an idea. :)

Marye said...

Hendria..several months ago I posted a link to this recipe on Bakingdelights.com
That post was stolen and subsequently published without credit on another site which also took your recipe. If you would liek to ask that it be removed here is the link http://mislove.com/2007/11/17/potato-chip-cookies-with-drizzled-chocolate/

Faery said...

Very interesting,they look so delicious. I'll try them soon

Jannett said...

marye....thanks for the info about mislove...I went to the blog ...it must have already been taken off..
as it was not found.

farey...thanks for the comment...

Anonymous said...

*ganache =)

Lin Lin,Sarah said...

Hi,just to ask,how do u measure 1 cup of butter with out a weighing machine?

Jannett said...

Lin Lin Sarah....you can cut along the mark on the butter wrapper or you can put the butter into a 1 cup dry measure cup until it is full and scrap off the excess on the top that will give you 1 cup as well. :)

Jeff and Rose said...

These were amazing!!!

Jannett said...

Rosie...I am so glad you enjoyed them.. :)

Anonymous said...

These are delicious and I haven't even added he chocolate yet

Anonymous said...

I am getting ready to make these cookies. You did not mention what flour to use, plain or self-rising flour?

Anonymous said...

What is chocolate gnash!!??? And how do you make it??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails