Sunday, August 5, 2007

Cookies & Cream Ice Cream






I bought an Ice-cream Maker during the week at Sears. One of the books I found at the library was Ice Cream & Frozen Yogurt. I made French-Vanilla Ice Cream and added 2/3 cup chopped oreo's about 10 minutes before the ice cream maker was done. It tastes very much like what we buy at the supermarket.

Ingredients:

3 cups half and half
1 cup sugar
4 egg yolks, beaten
1 cup whipping cream
1 tbsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
In a heavy medium saucepan, combine half and half, sugar and beaten egg yolks.
Cook and stir over low heat until mixture coats the back of a spoon and it is slightly thickened.
Cool to room temperature.
Stir in whipping cream and vanilla.
Pour into ice cream maker.
Follow the manufacturers directions.
Makes 2 quarts.

I added 1 tsp. cornstarch to the first mixture.
And added 2/3 cup coarsely chopped Oreo Cookies.



5 comments:

Marye said...

I bet it tastes BETTER than the storebought..It looks great!
Thanks for checkout my blog! To ad the bakespace link you go to bakespace. Under the community button is a link that says, link to us. CLick on it. There you will find html code to put in your template to show the link on your blog. If you have any questions, let me know.
blessings, marye
http://bakingdelights.com
http://apronstringsandsimmeringthings.blogspot.com

Thistlemoon said...

This looks so creamy and delicious! Great job!

Jannett said...

Goodmorning Marye
Thank you for the info about bakespace. I will look that up.

Goodmorning Jenndz
Thank you, for my first attempt at making ice cream it turned out ok.

Anne said...

I love cookies and cream ice cream
this looks temptingly good :)

Jannett said...

Hi anne
Thanks for the comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails